Pansies win the crown
Acrylic ink, watercolour and black marker
on watercolour paper
5.5 x 8.5 inches
Barbara Muir © 2019
opportunities come flying in from some of the most
wonderful people in the world -- your friends.
2. Make your own rules. Listen to other people's
thoughts, and suggestions. But no one else can
3. Have as much fun as possible. I get emails from
Tut.com daily -- Notes from the universe -- and I
think he said that's one of the most important things.
4. In the face of controversy (and there is some!),
try to be loving. Even when your first impulse is
to hate, hug yourself mentally and muscle on with
5. Sleep. Not on someone else's schedule, but
6. Spend time with the people who love you the
most, near and far. They deserve time with you,
and also make you feel great.
7. Roll with the waves. Creativity, and all of
life comes in and out like the ocean waves. Let
it if you can.
8. Try going for a walk. Birdsong, flowers (they
are starting here, and even your friend's dog can
make you feel blissfully happy after 20 minutes.
(Remember that book on raising children that
pointed that out. Write me if you do.) Raising my
children I used that method, on both my sons and
9. Read a book. Sometimes even a sentence or
a word can set off a chain of ideas. But books are
lovely for escaping too.
10. Dance. A singer with a lovely voice, Sara Bareilles,
was on Saturday Night Live last night, and Steven and I
were so moved, that we looked her up and then
danced to her amazing song.
Have a loving your life day.