Acrylic and acrylic ink, and
marker on canvas
11 x 14 inches
Barbara Muir © 2019I took a little break from Inktober today, although the painting I'm
showing you started with an ink drawing on canvas. 10 reasons to
be happy -- is an exercise I used to do with my psychology class,
and it always created a great mood. We need that right?
1. I talked to some wonderful artist friends today, and
exciting plans are in the works!
2. Toronto has declared a Climate Emergency. I
know that sounds like a bad thing, but it isn't. It means
that the city is recognizing Global Climate Change, and we
may begin changing how we do things as a city. Terrific news.
3. I had time to work on my larger painting today.
4. I did some work on the painting I'm showing you
tonight, which is a work in progress.
5. I sat on the front porch with Steven when he came home
from work, and we watched the magical end of day light
in our neighbour's golden leafed tree.
6. It was Steven's turn to make dinner, and dinner was
7. We are having Thanksgiving dinner with our family, which
is wonderful. I love Thanksgiving. (This is the Canadian one,
which is about the harvest.)
8. The Fall Blooming Anemones in our garden are hanging
in even though it's been super cold at night. They are eight
feet high and a beautiful cloud of white flowers.
9. Even though our entire street is under construction, I got
a parking space in front of our house!
10. You make me happy every day, and I'm so glad I know
you, and that you comment on my blog, and make me feel
like I'm part of a community.
Have a finding reasons to be happy day.