Coffee with milk in
Acrylic on canvas
8 x 8 inches
Barbara Muir © 2009
(This painting seems perfect
for today. And I like that it
went to live in
Texas with my friend,
the artist Susan Carlin.)
Whenever I get down, or stressed I remember an exercise that
I learned, and taught when I taught Positive Psychology. You've
seen it here before. But today was one of those hard working
days when you just wish the world would give you a break.
As a happiness teacher, this exercise really works. So here
10 Reasons to be Happy
1. It was a beautiful day and I sat out on the
back porch looking at the sky for a few minutes.
2. I am happy because I have a loving husband.
3. I am happy because I have a loving family.
4. I am happy because I have kind, funny friends around
5. I am happy because I'm an artist, and I love making art.
6. I'm happy that I get to teach, and that I meet amazing people
every year in that job -- even with one night a week.
7. I'm happy that I live in Canada -- deliriously happy about that.
8. I'm happy that I've learned how to be happy, and am
still learning, and think I will learn more, and more for the
rest of my life. And I'm grateful for all that my blog friends
and Instagram, and Facebook friends have taught me on the subject
9. I'm happy that I've learned to love myself enough to
choose only to be with kind and happy people.
10. I'm happy that I don't believe in horoscopes, superstition
or most dogma.
11. I'm happy that I love to read and I have a wonderful
Have a helping yourself be happy day.