Monday, April 21, 2008
Painting for Mary
Tonight I was working on this little painting
to show you -- a painting of pansies when
my friend, Mary called.
She is pretty funny, so I decided to keep
painting while I talked to her, and I think
it shows in the painting so far. This is
about 4" x 6", and probably not finished yet.
To paint it I:
1. Painted a canvas red with cadmium red
medium (one of my favorite colours).
2. Waited for the red to dry while Fiona
took a nap.
3. Drew an outline of my lush giant
pansies in a little cream jug with
4. Started a painting, and kept painting
while I talked to Mary. I like a sense
of humour in these little paintings, and
Mary and I go way back with the laughs.
I decided the red alone was too strong for
my deep purple pansy, and voila. Ta da.
Tomorrow I may do a few things to it,
sign it and glaze it. We'll see. Another
busy day happening.
Have an adventurous and funny day.
- Barbara Muir
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- I paint and draw on commission and for shows. To commission a portrait, or purchase one of my paintings please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A major highlight in my career? Drawing Oprah Winfrey live via Skype for her show "Where in the Skype are you? Galleries: Studio Vogue Gallery, Toronto, Canada. The Amsterdam Whitney Gallery, New York City. Gallery at the Porch Door, Kingston, Canada. Your positive comments on this blog mean the world to me. I'd love to hear from you!