Tulips for Tucson
Acrylic on watercolour paper
10.6 x 13.8 inches
Barbara Muir © 2015
(sending love tonight to a friend and great artist
in Tucson who I miss talking to)
Whenever I feel almost overwhelmed by life's challenges.
I think it's time for Ten Reasons to be Happy.
This COVID 19 has everyone on an alert that matters.
It was a brisk, spring, lovely day out, and
exceptionally beautiful. As winter recedes,
the spring season catches you every time.
I would love this one to last and last.
So here goes:
10 Reasons to be Happy:
1. My dog is sleeping at my feet as I write this, so happy
that I gave her a piece of my banana.
2. The sun was transforming the trees into luminous
beautiful coloured wonders at the lake today -- gold then
rosy pink in the sunset.
3. I have two paintings on the go and can see the
possibility of finishing them.
4. The lights flickered for a minute and came back on
again. Every time that happens, I realize how miraculous that
taken-for-granted resource is.
5. I have tidied the house somewhat. (That sounds like nothing,
but it always makes me feel good when things look
organized, for the brief time that that continues.)
6. We bought enough flowers that it looks like a garden
in my kitchen as I write this.
7. I went for a walk with Steven and the dog today, and had
so much fun.
8. I talked to my sister in California yesterday.
9. I have a good book to read.
10. So far we are both well and that is wonderful.