Acrylic on canvas
24 x 24 inches
Barbara Muir © 2012An exercise I used to do when I was teaching School Success,
or Positive Psych, was 10 Reasons to be happy.
I've done it before here. And of course it's just my reasons.
But in class it was like a regular segment on a TV show. At
the beginning of each class 10 people would come to the front
of the room, and each one would tell us one reason to be happy.
The exercise had a dramatic impact on the students at the front
and on the entire class. The mood lifted, even when students
were frantic at exam time.
So okay for me.
1. Going through my files I found this portrait of Jesca that I
was asked to do in 2012 for my friend Gill Cameron, to give
to Jesca for her birthday. Jesca lived in an orphange in Tanzania. Gill
met Jesca when she was working teaching art at the school the
girl attended and developed lasting friendships with her students.
2. I may be going to have work in my third show in a row in
New York City this year.
3. I had a great conversation today with Howard Wolinksy,
the wonderful writer, photographer and videographer
whose interview got me on Oprah 11 years ago.
4. I am working on one of my large paintings for the Liminal
exhibition at the Heliconian Club in April, and it's going well.
5. I had a good time in the morning meeting with the coffee
women in my neighbourhood.
6. I had a great session Sunday with the model for one of my other
paintings for the Liminal show (more to come).
7. My Monday night class did a fantastic job this week.
8. Today I walked with my friend and saw so many signs of spring.
One was that we were walking in warm rain! Yes there is still snow
on the ground -- but hey!
9. Steven made a delicious dinner, even thought it was my turn. Bonus!
10. I am delighted to be part of this blog world, and your friendships,
comments and beautiful work make me happy.
What are 10 things that make you happy today? I'd love to hear about
Have a being happy day.
Post a Comment